Re: inkscape not installable from jessie-backports (depends libgsl10ldbl)

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 07:09:12AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Because it is both common and recommended best practice in _unstable_ for
> which we as maintainers upload packages. Everything there gets recompiled so
> libgsl2 it is.

No, it's definitely not.

Since I think ever the recommended prectise is to use Breaks+Replaces,
that will allow coinstallability of the dependencies, and also makes the
transition much smoother as Britney will allow both the old and new
packages to be in testing at same time, therefor making everybody's life
easier in the case some packages fail to build with the new version of
the library.

Also, you are not accounting for packages built outside of the
distribution, local builds or provided by 3rd party.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :