Re: libreoffice: Need dependency on libreoffice-gtk to fix resize issue

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:
No, won't do it.

- There's not only desktops in this world but also plain window manager
- Why would one force -gtk2 on a KDE user?
- -gtk3 is what one should use on current desktops using gtk3 and thus
  having gtk2 is there is just cruft and ballast and would make people
  maybe being happy when they actually should use -gtk3 as that's what
  their desktop uses

​Good point.

It seems that installing Xfce via task-xfce-desktop causes the dependency seems to be installed. However, it is also possible to install a more focused subset of Xfce without using the task, as I did, and the dependency does not get installed. (I strongly lean towards a much leaner installation and hence do not use task-xfce-desktop.) Somehow that dependency needs to be included regardless of how libreoffice and the window manager / desktop manager get installed or libreoffice needs to be made to work correctly without the dependency. Based on your observation of the wide breadth of user environments, it looks like the correct thing to do is figure out why libreoffice hangs when that dependency is not there.

Mark
--
Mark Gardner