Re: calender-exchange-provider (was: [Debian RT]: Upload to Stretch-backports)

Hi Mechtilde,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 06:30:49PM +0200, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> I want to upload calender-exchange-provider 4.0.0-beta4 which is also in
> Testing.
>
> The new Thunderbird (52.x) in Stretch breaks some functionalities of the
> calender-exchange-provider 3.9.0-4
>
> There is one bugreport about this [#852875).

Bug #852875 (calendar-exchange-provider: adopt Depends field due
Icedove/Thunderbird transition) seems to be minimal as it only affects the
package dependencies. You should try to fix it via an upload to stretch-pu.

> I also did a request to publish it to stretch-pu (#873384).

Bug #873384 (stretch-pu: package calendar-exchange-provider/3.9.0-4) is a
request to update calendar-exchange-provider from 3.9.0-4 to 4.0.0-beta4. This
is unlikely to get accepted as is in stretch-pu, as it is not a minimal fix
(e.g. a single upstream commit) that addresses only the incompatibility with
Thunderbird 52.x.

> Please advise me a way to release this new version of
> calendar-exchange-provider.

As the incompatiblity with Thunderbird 5.2.x is a bug in stretch, it should get
fixed in stretch in the first place (see my comments above).  Providing a
backport of a newer version is an appreciated addition to stretch-backports,
but it is no substitute for a proper fix in stretch.

Regards,
Micha