 Subject: Re: systemd 230-7~bpo8+2 (bug causes shutdown freeze)
 To: debian-backports@lists.debian.org, systemd@packages.debian.org
 Cc: garnut992-debian@yahoo.com
 Date: Saturday, July 8, 2017, 2:49 AM

 On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 at 07:20:40 +0000, garnut992-debian@yahoo.com
 wrote:
 > There is a serious bug is
 systemd 230-7~bpo8+2 in jessie-backports that causes the
 shutdown procedure to hang/freeze, if you have a encrypted
 disk.

 If I'm reading
 the bug correctly, this is more specifically a bug in
 udev, when run under sysvinit (not systemd) as
 pid 1. So it is
 mitigated by not affecting
 Debian's default init implementation
 (although the fix would have to be applied to
 the systemd source
 package, because that
 also builds udev).

 > You
 get a message "stopping remaining crypto disks"
 and then the shutdown procedure hangs and the whole system
 freezes, leaving only a hard power off to shutdown one's
 system.

 > See: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=791944
 > And: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792552
 >
 > This was fixed in
 systemd 233-1.

 See: http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/s/systemd/unstable_changelog

 By backports policy, this
 can't be fixed in jessie-backports other than
 by backporting from stretch. I don't see
 any reference to #791944 having
 been fixed
 in stretch?

 is a request
 for permission to update
 systemd in stretch with some other bug fixes
 taken from unstable. #791944 would have to go
 through the same process.