Re: npm in jessie-backports

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 at 23:36 Pierre Rudloff <pierre@rudloff.pro> wrote:

It seems the reason I can't install npm along with nodejs from
jessie-backports is that nodejs-dev can't be installed because it
depends on a virtual package:
  nodejs-dev : Depends: libssl1.0-dev (>= 1.0.2) which is a virtual package.

It seems libssl1.0-dev is real package on Stretch but not on Jessie.

Yes, this seems like a bug in the backport. The equivalent of libssl1.0-dev in jessie would just be libssl-dev, I think, so the backport should use this.