Re: Backports exception for kodi 16.1+dfsg1-2~bpo8+2

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Bálint Réczey wrote:

> Dear Backports Team,
>
> Kodi recently fixed an important security issue in 17.3 and I would
> like to ask for permission
> to update backports' 16.1 version with only a targeted fix instead of
> pulling in 17.x.
>
> Changes:
>  kodi (16.1+dfsg1-2~bpo8+2) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Fix zip file directory traversal vulnerability (CVE-2017-8314)
>      (Closes: #863230)
>    * Add test for CVE-2017-8314 to autotools-based build
>
> I'm open to updating kodi to 17.x, too, in backports later, but it
> includes updating many reverse
> dependencies and may add regressions from 16.1 which is why I have not
> updated the packages
> yet.
I am fine with it if it is a one time update. The goal should be to get 17.x
as soon as possible. I know kodi and its dependencies and I perfectly
understand it may take some time to get all into backports.

So please go ahead with the security update.

Alex