Re: Accepted backports not showing up in the archive|PTS?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:48:24 +0200
Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:44:28AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-linaro-lava-devel/Week-of-Mon-20170327/000849.html
> > Tue Mar 28 19:49:15 UTC 2017
> > Does not show up here:
> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lava-coordinator
> >
> > This backport does not have to go through NEW as it is updating an
> > existing backport (to fix
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789551 which
> > appears as a result of
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=858835)
> >
> > Typically, this would have shown up by now. Is there a problem with
> > backports and the archive?
>
> The hint is in the subject:
> *ACCEPTED into  jessie-backports->backports-policy*
>
> It's not going to NEW, but in period of freeze _all_ backports upload
> goes to a policy queue and need manual approval from backports
> masters.
>
> You'll get another accepted email when it passes that stup.

Any idea how long that will take? The reason for the backport is that
installations of affected packages fail completely due to the backport
of python-lockfile being made without a corresponding backport of
python-daemon and then lava-coordinator. This isn't a feature
enhancement bug, it would be RC if it happened in unstable. We are
seeing continued reports of breakage from users attempting
installations.

Also, could the policy be published please? How close is it to the
freeze policy of the release team? Why was the policy introduced?

--

Neil Williams