Re: Please backport dnssec-tools, it is missing in jessie completely

Hello,

>I just noticed that dnssec-tools is completely missing in Debian jessie for
>some problems with rollerd, I found this information and links to more
>information: https://github.com/saltstack-formulas/bind-formula/issues/56
>
>As I am switching all servers to a mint stable and backport installation and
>the content of this package is also used by me it would be great to install it
>through the backports.

we can't backport to jessie something that has been removed for Stretch+ releases.

It was poorly maintained and broken, better alternative exists, and ftpmasters removed
it.

You can see the removal log here [1], please try to switch your tools to something
better maintained if you need it, or start maintaining it again in Debian
and ask on debian-mentors mail list for support

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=843479

thanks

Gianfranco