Re: Looking for sponsor for first DM upload

On Dec 30 2016, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
> On Dec 30 2016, Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:
>> Hi Nikolaus,

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am Debian Maintainer for the s3ql, python-dugong and python-llfuse
>>> packages. I would like to add these packages to jessie-backports (the
>>> important package being s3ql, with the other two being dependencies).
>>>
>>> Would someone be willing to sponsor the initial upload for me?
>>>

>>> In addition to me wanting to use them personally, there have also been
>>> regular requests for backports from other users. Back in Wheezy days, I
>>> collected them in https://bugs.debian.org/707184 - but then never got
>>> around to providing the backport.
>>>
>>> The packages are available at:
>>>
>>>   http://www.rath.org/debs/python-llfuse_1.1.1+dfsg-4~bpo8+1.dsc
>>>   http://www.rath.org/debs/python-dugong_3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1.dsc
>>>   http://www.rath.org/debs/s3ql_2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc
>>>
>>> (for some reason I'm unable to login into mentors.debian.org at the
>>> moment)
>>

>> I looked s3ql and python-dugong and I saw several changes between
>> stretch and bpo. Changes must be done if necessary only and must be
>> registered in debian/changelog. Are really necessary these changes? I
>> have lots of packages in bpo and I rarely need make changes.
>
> Can you be more specific? Looking at dugong, the only change I see is
> that the build dependency on python3-pytest has been removed from
> debian/control and running the tests has been disabled in
> debian/rules. This is necessary to avoid backporting a rather long
> tail of dependencies for python3-pytest.

I have added an entry to debian/changelog for python-dugong and updated
the source package above.

For s3ql and python-llfuse, the changelog already contains the rationale
for the change. Are you sure you compared with the package versions in
testing/stretch?

Best,
-Nikolaus