squeeze-backports archive repo "Release file expired"

Hi,

I've been trying to set up the "squeeze-backports" repo on an old server
that I can't do a dist-upgrade on, but am hitting the following problem
when I try to "apt-get update":

E: Release file expired, ignoring
http://archive.debian.org/debian-backports/dists/squeeze-backports/Release (invalid since 188d 18h 15min 13s)

I notice that the Release file has a "valid until" field in it which
corresponds to the "188d":

"Valid-Until: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 21:20:23 UTC",

...but I also notice that there is no such field in the "etch-backports"
repo for example, and I can run "apt-get update" using that repo with no
error generated.

It seems to me that it would be strange to have the all the files hosted
in a repo on archive.debian.org but not be able to pull them using
apt-get, especially seeing as the etch-backports repo seems to work
fine, so I can only assume this is unintended behaviour.

I've tried a few mirrors, and they all seem to be the same. It seems to
me that there is a simple solution to this - remove the "valid until"
field from the Release file, but I'm not sure exactly where or how to
request this, so I hope this is the correct place to start. Can anyone
help?

Thanks, Niall.