ikiwiki wheezy backports removal

Hi,

I am sorry I have been so late in following up on this... There was a
discussion a while back regarding the LTS security support for
backports, and it was clearly outlined that Ikiwiki was one of those
packages that was vulnerable to security issues in the LTS backports.

It was suggested by the package maintainer that the package be updated
or removed. Since I do not use the backport anymore, and I am the one
who originally uploaded it, I would consider it easier to just remove
the package, since I can't test the results myself easily.

However, I am concerned that this will give us a false sense of
security: apt tools won't show the package as being out of date (it will
have a more recent version than wheezy) nor marked as obsolete by tools
like aptitude (because it's still in wheezy).

So it seems to me that the safest approach for backports users would be
to upgrade the package to the jessie version, but I am not confident I
can do this reliably myself.

I don't even know how to remove packages from backports - the
"contribute" instructions on backports.d.o don't have an explanation I
could find.

Thanks for any advice,

A.

--
Si Dieu est, l'homme est esclave ;
or l'homme peut, doit être libre, donc Dieu n'existe pas.