RE: samba 4.4.5 backports

Hai

Yes, I totaly understand this, but i do have a problem with fixing 4.2.10. in debian. 4.2.10 in debian needs fixing, totaly agree on that, but due to the many changes between 4.1.x <=> 4.2.x im not totaly conviced to put all the time in the 4.2.x fixes, i'll explain why.

The 4.2.10 packages are (sorry) bad.
I used them about 15 min after that i started recompiling again, started with the 4.3.9 at that time and i moved quickly to 4.4.3. as of this point im getting good results in my network.

4.2.10 has lots of regression bugs, files packaged in wrong packages,  things like that, which also give problems when upgrading to higher version.
Im not flaming here, its just as it is now, not good, and i want beter samba packages for everybody not just me.

Even its really out of the normal scope, i would propose that to update samba (again) in stable to 4.4.5.
Beside that, Debian Stretch is about to start to freeze in three months.
And Q3 the "Please finish up things for Stretch", should be adressed also.
( see my bug report 832880 )

This all automaticly resolves a lot of bugs since these are fixed in upsteam samba already and in my opinion the 4.4.5 are very stable and better for production use as 4.2.x is. ( same for 4.4.3).
This all above, made me to share my 4.4.3 and 4.4.5 packages, not for the fun, but purly to provide good samba debian packages.

I normaly stay on debian stable packages but after changing to 4.4.3+,
my complete networks is responding better, works better, even users noticed.

I'm not the developer here so i'll have to follow you guys.
I'll go through the bug reports in debian-samba, i'll see what i can do there. A cleanup there would be nice..

Greetz,

Louis