Re: phram fails with ioremap, dumps kernel stack trace

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 01:30 +0200, Stefan Alfredsson wrote:
> Package: linux-image-4.5.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
> Version: 4.5.4-1~bpo8+1
>

> I'm booting a small iso image (~50 MB) via memdisk via iPXE, and want to
> use the phram module to access the iso filesystem in ram. This results
> in the following kernel call trace.

I don't think this is a bug.  The Kconfig text for this driver says:

	  Use this driver to access physical memory that the kernel proper
	  doesn't have access to, memory beyond the mem=xxx limit, nvram,
	  memory on the video card, etc...

The kernel is warning here because it *does* have access to that
physical address already.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Nothing is ever a complete failure; it can always serve as a bad