Re: Samba Jessie-backport

El Divendres, 13 de maig de 2016, a les 12:12:44, Ben Hutchings va escriure:
> On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 08:19 +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the current version of Samba in Jessie doesn't not work fine with Windows
> > 10.
> I think that's a great exaggeration.  Microsoft tries hard to keep
> Windows compatible with Samba, even working around old Samba bugs
> because it's embedded in NAS boxes that are hard to upgrade.

I just have written that it "doesn't work fine" . You can mount resources, but
AFAIK you cannot login to a domain. I'm sorry if I what I wrote it was
accurate.

> > https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-September/193886.html
>
> [...]
>
> This report doesn't make much sense.  If Windows 10 "tries to
> negotiate" an option that Samba doesn't support, presumably it can
> accept a refusal.  Does Samba 4.1 claim to support the option, while
> not actually implementing it properly?

> If Samba 4.1 is buggy it should be fixed in jessie - not in jessie-
> backports.

Not buggy. The question is that Microsoft, with its new version, changed
something that the version provided by Jessie doesn't work fine. That's all.
But, I'll will check again. I admit that I must investigate more deeply this
issue with my system.

I agree that backports is not the proper place. I'm just thinking in a new
functionality of the new version.

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia