Re: How do I lower the priority of a repository?

Am Thu, 28 Jan 2016 21:44:03 +0100 schrieb Jens Reyer:

> You can set the priority for your local repository with apt_preferences,
> e.g.
>
> /etc/apt/preferences.d/local-backports.pref ~~~
> Package: *
> Pin: release o=local-backports Pin-Priority: 80 ~~~

OK. This was my second choice. I'm afraid it is the only one I can use. ;-
)

> This requires that you set "Origin: local-backports" in the Release file
> of your repository.

Here I've made a mistake. Currently the Release file contains "Origin:
Debian" which was the default for years now. Can I change this without
side effects for the clients?

> ... you can create working Packages and Release files $ cd
> /your/repository $ apt-ftparchive -c /home/user/apt.conf packages . >
> Packages $ apt-ftparchive -c /home/user/apt.conf release . > Release

I'm currently using dpkg-scanpackages and dpkg-scansources. I hope I find
some spare time to have a look at apt-ftparchive.

Thanks.