Re: geany-plugins still missing...

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 09:50:52AM +0000, Joerg Desch wrote:
> Am Tue, 03 Nov 2015 07:48:00 +0100 schrieb Evgeni Golov:
>
> >> Is there a reason to publish only the half of an installation?
> >> When can we expect the missing packages?
> >
> > You shall not expect.
> > But I think either hyperair or me will have time for an upload this
> > week.
>
> Thanks for your work.

It's been ACCEPTED now, so should be on the mirrors soon.

> By the way... Just one question.
>
> $ apt-cache policy geany geany-plugins
> geany:
>      1.25+dfsg-1~bpo8+1 0
>  *** 1.24.1+dfsg-1 0
> geany-plugins:
>  *** 1.24+dfsg-5 0
>
> Is there a way to avoid braking an installation by doing an (dist-
> )upgrade? I mean some APT voodoo. ;-) Something like "do the upgrade only
> if all both packages are available"?

Huh? Do you do any special pinning or anything with backports?
Here it looks pretty sane:
# apt-cache policy geany geany-plugins
geany:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.24.1+dfsg-1
  Version table:
     1.25+dfsg-1~bpo8+1 0
        100 http://http.debian.net/debian/ jessie-backports/main amd64
Packages
     1.24.1+dfsg-1 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
geany-plugins:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.24+dfsg-5
  Version table:
     1.24+dfsg-5 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages

Regards
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.