Re: minor problem with pdns-backend-remote

* d. abfackeln <david+debbkptm@ranch.org> [150911 10:13]:
> Package: pdns-backend-remote
> Version: 3.4.6-1~bpo8+1
>
> I have PowerDNS set up with backend-remote (only) pointed to a REST service.
> there is NO sql backend installed.
>
> 	#/etc/pdns.d/pdns.local.conf:
> 	launch=remote
> 	remote-connection-string=http:url=http://10.0.1.11:8088/dns
[..]
> the problem i have with this solution is that it appears to be contrary to the documentation
> https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/upgrading/
> which states:
> "
> 3.4.1 to 3.4.2
> API
> Warning: priority is no longer part of records in the API. content now includes the backend's priority field (see API Spec for details).
>
> i am going to finish this with a question:
> is this bug/inconsistency in pdns itself or was it compiled wrong, or am i doing something wrong?

You're mixing up the REST API and remotebackend.

The backend api hasn't changed in 3.4.2, and the sentence you're
quoting only talks about the (frontend-side) REST API.

As this is a general PowerDNS question, I suggest you take this to
the PowerDNS upstream mailing lists :)

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer