Oopsie - Wrong version numbering scheme used on drupal7

Hi!

Last Thursday, I uploaded to jessie-backports the drupal7
package. Following the uses I had for wheezy, I versioned it as
7.38-1~bpo80+1... And I didn't check the BPO policy now uses bpo8
instead (thanks to Wolfgang Borgert for timely telling me!).

Looking at the jessie-backports index¹, four packages (including mine)
have made this mistake: apt-cacher-ng, drupal7, iucode-tool and knot.

Now, Wolfgang did notify me of my mistake... But I was sloppy and
didn't properly act on it: My bpo80 version got processed out of NEW
and is now active. I don't think too many people have installed it
yet, but whoever has, if I request this version to be deleted from
backports and then upload a properly versioned one, they won't receive
it (because bpo8 < bpo80).

What's the recommended path? (for one, I'm for removing my bpo80 and
reuploading).

Thanks, and sorry!

¹ http://backports.debian.org/changes/jessie-backports.html