Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 04:29:05PM +0100, Rodrigo Campos wrote:
> As I said https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784603, using the
> 4.1 branch on the git tree might be the easiest way while it's maintained
> upstream (either to add patches or to use new upstream releases, both should be
> quite simple). And, IMHO, way simpler than backporting changes from 4.2 branch
> that touch the DB and have already been backported to 4.1 by the WP team.
I completely agree. If you want the best quickest more secure result for
stable, than tracking 4.1 is the way to do it. Now if upstream decide
there is no more 4.1 we can revert back to where we are today.

> Not sure I follow, but it is expected (or not uncommon) to backports and stable
> have a different versions... backports will have 4.2.2 and stable 4.1+patches
> now, for example (or if 4.2.2 enters testing finally :))
OK.

--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org