Re: Fwd: wheezy-backports: lxc security update: looking for sponsor + BSA requested

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2015, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > I always thought of debian/changelog as a linear history. You are now
> > telling me that is wrong, I presume.
> No, that is correct; what is wrong, in my opinion, is your perception of
> what a linear history is.

to explain the desired changelog entry maybe better:

- take the package as it is in testing
- run "dch --bpo" which will add a new changelog entry after the one for
testing
- voila

This *might* cause the changelog entry to be "between" what's in sid and
what's in testing (if there are two different versions...) but the history
will still be linear...

cheers,
	Holger