status of the libgit backport

So here's my latest progress...

The squeeze uploads have been rejected. One is because i screwed up by
uploading it too early. The other is my canceling the whole squeeze
upload business.

My whole approach for this, on top of making libgit more accessible for
all consumers (which seems useful as a general measure) is ultimately to
backport pygit2. It is currently available in stretch only, and it
depends on libgit2. So the libgit backport the first step in being able
to use this in older releases.

However, pygit needs the CFFI interface as well, so that would be *yet*
another backport to squeeze. Since the http-parser and libgit backports
were not exactly trivial, it feels like way too much work to backport
that as well, especially since i haven't even started the actual
backport of pygit2.

So I think we'll bite the bullet here and stop supporting squeeze for
our project, and instead focus on bringing pygit2 to the larger masses
of wheezy.

Therefore, this bug can be closed: i will not work on backporting libgit
to squeeze any further for now.

Sorry for the noise!

A.

--
L'art n'est pas un bureau d'anthropométrie.
                        - Léo Ferré, "Préface"