Re: openldap_2.4.31+really2.4.40-3~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Tuesday 16 December 2014 10:03:44 Luca Bruno wrote:

> > changelog since stable missing in changes file.
>
> Totally my fault, I'll upload a new one properly built.
>
> > I also don't think bumping the version number in that way is a good idea.
>
> Can you please elaborate a bit more on this?
> I had explained the weird versioning in a previous mail with the full
> rationale [0], is this comment of yours also taking that into account?
> (In brief, the +really is to avoid screwing up the DB upgrade in Jessie)

Just to keep the openldap team updated on this, I recently (19/12) asked again
the backport ftp-master for a check on this upload, and I've been asked to
wait for further input.

Relevant transcript:
<Rhonda> If you are aware of that you are doing something out of the box, you
shouldn't upload before you got a response to your initial mail.
<Rhonda> kaeso: ^^.  I'm sorry that we haven't responded yet, but please take
private live and the season and the freeze into account and give us a bit of
time to make up our minds about it.

Cheers, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org