Re: Missing easy-rsa package

Hi,

I did not say that easy-rsa needs to be merged into openvpn; the oversight is that there isn't a backport for easy-rsa, because the openvpn backport isn't fully usable without the easy-rsa backport. It's definitely an oversight, since trying to use openvpn 2.3 in wheezy is an unnecessary hassle now. I needed to figure out that I also need the easy-rsa package to use it, and that a backport for it doesn't exist. I then ran into errors trying to backport it myself and just ended up downloading the deb package and installing manually, all a big waste of time for a trivial task.

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2014, Reinis Ivanovs wrote:

> The openvpn package in wheezy-backports is not fully usable without the
> easy-rsa package, which is missing from backports. easy-rsa used to be
> included in the openvpn package, and not having it in backports seems to be
> an oversight.
easy-rsa was splitted into its own package some time ago. So no, this isn't
an oversight. easy-rsa would need another backport.

Alex