Re: dnsmasq 2.71 for wheezy-backports

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 12:56:03AM +0100, Daniel wrote:
> So, has anyone looked into a backport of dnsmasq yet? Backport from
> jessie would be nice. Would like to have it because of the IPv6
> stuff. My ISP actually does provide IPv6 connectivity now, so I
> would like to test it in my network :)

I gave it a very short try on a plain wheezy without backports and
it failed due to nettle/ecdsa.h missing. Seems that the build-dep on
nettle-dev is not strict enough. But that shouldn't be much of an issue
since nettle is already backported in a more recent release.

Shouldn't be too hard but I'm personally not interested. Though sponsoring
an upload is possible. Is it still worth it with jessie not too far away?
I already started to upgrade low priority machines to jessie.

Sven