Re: Unblocked 7.0.3 ownCloud version fixes security issues (was: Outdated ownCloud-related cruft)

Hi,

> With your expertise on owncloud,
> would it be possible to drop the libjs-mediaelement dependency from
> owncloud 7.0.3. in wheezy-backports?

If you want help to find out when or how this dependency was added:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-owncloud/owncloud.git/commit/?id=30c546dd29ee1b51e9fe835ccd4aebfcb2df9fde

If you want a factual answer to your question, it?s not up to the owncloud
maintainers, and the backports maintainers already made it pretty clear
almost a year ago about a similar question: ?I don't think thats
acceptable. We don't want packages derive that much from testing.?

https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2013/10/msg00036.html

Regards

David