Re: Jessie Freeze and Backports Uploads

Hi

Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> writes:
>  I am seeking your input on this topic whether you consider this a
> possible solution to address this, and if we should carry this out.
>
>  Short table for suggested overview:
>
>  Upload to               |   used version suffix
> -------------------------+-----------------------
>  wheezy-backports        | ~bpo70+1
>  wheezy-backports-sloppy | ~bpo7+1
>  jessie-backports        | ~bpo8+1
>
>  If people consider this too much error prone, we can stick to
> continuing with ~bpo80 instead.  Please let me know of your thoughts on
> this topic.

Is it possible to automatically reject uploads to
wheezy-backports-sloppy with a wrong version number? Maybe with a
lintian test and the same mechanism used for lintian based rejects in
unstable.

Do new uploads to wheezy-backports-sloppy have to got through NEW again?
If so I think you could catch most of the errors there.

If that's not possible I still think that changing the version suffix
should be done. The advantage of haveing the same version numbering used
for our releases outweights the small chance that a wrong version number
will be a practical problem.

Gaudenz