Re: xpra is outdated, and uses outdated version of libavcodec

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 10:28:19 Øyvind 'bolt' Hvidsten wrote:
> xpra in backports is version 0.13.7, while version 0.14.8, bringing
> significan improvements and LTS ( https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/News )
> is available from the winswitch repo's.

There is at least one serious regression in 0.14 so IMHO it should not be in
backports yet. Perhaps I also had to block its migration to testing but now it
is too late... I'll backport as soon as 0.14 will be stabilised.
So far I was troubleshooting remaining issues with upstream but we're not
finished yet...

> Also, both versions use libavcodec-53 from debian, while libavcodec-55
> is available in backports.

Good idea, I'll consider bumping min. libav version in Build-Depends to what's
in backports.

Thanks.

--
All the best,