Re: What is the proper configuration of sbuild for backports ?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> 2) Use aptitude as a resolver.  This solves the problem on my local
> machine, but I do not know if it will work on Debian's buildds (for
> which I did not manage to find the configuration).

It does in my experience.  This is what I do: I don't change the priority
of backports in my chroot, so they're still not installed by default, but
I tell pbuilder to use aptitude as the resolver.  It seems to correctly
figure out when packages should be pulled from backports, and I've never
had any trouble with packages built in that way building on the buildds as
well.

I use pbuilder instead of sbuild, but presumably the same thing will work
with sbuild.

I don't think this is what the buildds actually do, but whatever they do
seems to work the same way.