Re: Re: "Bug" in backported, SEPA-enabled gnucash/libaqbanking34

Hi Micha,
hi Sébastien,

> Am 05.04.2014 22:05, schrieb Holger Burkhardt:
>> [... Gnucash] is missing two dependencies to function properly
>> (both available in wheezy-backports):
>
>> aqbanking-tools libaqbanking34-plugins
>
>> The former is needed once to get updated SEPA-information from the
>> bank.
>
> No. As I understand it this issue has been fixed in AqBanking 5.4.0beta.
>> From AqBanking's ChangeLog:
>
>     2014-02-04 21:22:32 +0000 martin
>     AqHBCI: Automatically request SEPA information for accounts.
>     Now we add a GetSepaAccountInfo job to a queue for every account
>     involved for which no IBAN is currently set.
>
>     This should retrieve SEPA account info automagically, so users
>     should no longer be required to use the command line tool for
>     that.
>
>     git-svn-id: https://devel.aqbanking.de/svn/aqbanking/trunk@2512
> 5c42a225-8b10-0410-9873-89b7810ad06e
>
> I would guess Gnucash's hint to use the command line tool aqhbci-tool4
> for fetching SEPA account information (Gnucash source code file
> src/import-export/aqb/dialog-ab-trans.c:553) is obsolete with this
> change in AqBanking.

I am not absolutely sure.
I got Gnucash's hint dialog with the aqhbci-tool4 reference when trying
out my main account ("Girokonto"). However, this was (at 99%
probability, it was a couple of days ago!) most likely still with the
"old" version of libaqbanking34-plugins installed. Maybe things would
have worked out differently with the up-to-date version of the
libaqbanking34-plugins package.

However, I later successfully migrated secondary accounts to IBAN/BIC
with the aqbanking-wizard out of gnucash's
Werkzeuge(Tools)->Onlinebanking Einrichtung...(Onlinebanking Setup),
hinting that aqhbci-tool4 might indeed not be required.

>> I am not sure if and where aqbanking-tools should be a dependency.
>
>> I leave the solution up to the maintainers, who certainly know best
>> how to tackle the issue.
>
> If nobody objects I will leave aqbanking-tools as a recommendation
> (ie. no hard dependency) for the reason specified above.

Might be fine, see my explanations above!

Holger