Re: Creating a new named official debian repository for OpenStack backports (Uploading all of OpenStack to backports)

On Tue Mar 11 2014 05:24:42 AM HKT, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> Which is why there is a PPAMAIN proposal.   Instead of doing one off
> solutions   for openstack, ganglia, whatever, I think it'd be better if
> the people who are   motivated around this issue invested time in helping
> with PPA implementation.
>
> Scott K

but it is completely irrealistic to believe one
could just help by reading Dak sources. There's also
no document that explains how one could help.

It is my view that only a very small amount of
people in Debian have the knowledge of both the code
and the infrastructure to actually implement it. And
those people already expressed themselves saying
they are too busy on the forthseable future.

So, I like the motivation argument, but here it
doesn't work (if it did, I know some company that
would work on it).

Thomas (from my phone)