Re: [Fusionforge-general] On packaging Mediawiki 1.23 for Debian jessie, but not wheezy

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Sylvain Beucler - Inria wrote:

> Debian also has this horrible thing called "non-upstream patch" which is also
> known worldwide as the OpenSSL predictable random number generator
> vulnerability ;)

Yeah ;-)

> So I'd recommend considering the upstream PoV first, and then let it flow down
> to distros (rather than the other way around).

You’re free to do that. I’ll be uploading Mediawiki 1.23 to Debian.
It’s your choice if that Breaks: fusionforge, then, if FF does not
support it…

I’ll ask before uploading a patched FF to Debian experimental, of
course.

> A wheezy-backports upload may smooth things, as long as the changes in
> MediaWiki itself aren't invasive.

If they’re not invasive, FF doesn’t need to be patched.

I will not be supporting a backport of mediawiki. It’s enough
maintenance work already, and not tested enough (I broke one
security upload completely, and do not want a repeat of that).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH