Proposal for backports handling during the upcoming freeze

Hi folks,

after some discussions during the debconf and on IRC I want to publish the
following proposal about our backports handling during the upcoming freeze
(Remember, remember! The fifth of November).

What is the problem:

After the freeze, testing migration is disabled, so no new packages/versions
usually enter testing (except for approved bugfixes).  Additionally it is
recommended - if you upload a new version that is not intended for jessie -
to use experimental instead of unstable as target for your upload. This has
the consequence that backports will also freeze.  Depending on how long the
freeze takes, this is very annoying for several people.

Therefore I propose the following handling during the freeze:

1) We open wheezy-backports-sloppy with the freeze
2) we will allow packages from unstable and experimental that into
wheezy-backports-sloppy after a 10 day period.

Some people also asked for opening jessie-backports too, I am a little bit
unsure about this case. I don't want to end up with packages in
jessie-backports that will never be in jessie+1. So maybe we could say
that we open jessie-backports for packages from unstable/experimental that
are definitly planned for jessie+1. What do you guys think?

Alex