Re: How to add backports to Wheezy preseed

Jani Reunanen <linyphia@gmail.com> (2014-08-28):
> Hi,
>
> When I do Wheezy (i386) preseed installation with:
> d-i apt-setup/local2/repository string http://caroline/debian
> wheezy-backports main contrib non-free
> d-i apt-setup/local2/comment string Debian Backports repository
>
> installation goes through ok, but after boot I DONT HAVE network available.
> Something has been installed from the backports repository over
> normal wheezy repository and it's messing up the network stuff.

I'd probably go for a late command, updating the /etc/apt/sources.list
file.

With newer apt-setup (than in wheezy), you can automatically add stuff
like backports; I've considered maybe backporting this feature to
stable, but I haven't found the time to sit down and think about it
(new features in stable always feel a bit strange).

Mraw,
KiBi.