Re: Requesting review and upload for Guacamole

Hi Imran,

(Please let me know if you're subscribed to the list so I can drop you from cc.)

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Imran Hussain <imranh@sucs.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to us requiring a new version of Guacamole than what is currently on
> offer in wheezy I decided to back port it. We currently have the the package
> that I am submitting deployed.
>
> All the packages and sources can be found at
> https://sucs.org/~imranh/wheezy-backports/

You should strive to make as minimal amount of changes as possible for
the package to work correctly on wheezy; often, a new changelog entry
is sufficient. For your proposed package specifically, you should
revert your changes to debian/control (maintainer field and
dependencies; none of your changes are backport-specific). If you
think your changes are necessary and that they apply to the current
package in sid, you should forward them to the maintainer via the bug
tracker, but I can tell you right now that restricting dependencies to
version (= ${binary:Version}) when those dependencies are not binary
packages built from the same package is going to break your package
due to unsatisfiable dependencies.

Regards,
Vincent