Re: owncloud 7.0.0 in wheezy-backports: no webodf support?

Hi David,

On  Mi 13 Aug 2014 20:11:46 CEST, David Prévot wrote:

Hi,

On  Mo 11 Aug 2014 09:25:21 CEST, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

@David: can you give feedback on this? Is webodf working in the
unstable package of owncloud?

Yes, it?s working in unstable and in testing, and is a known issue of the
backports package.

CCing an exchange we had three months ago on #debian-owncloud:

15:58 < taffit> sunweaver: if the documents stuff doesn?t work, the
current trick is to build owncloud with a recent dojo, I can make the one
I use available if you wish.
15:59 < sunweaver> taffit: what do you mean by documents stuff? Viewing
libreoffice docs and others?
16:00 < taffit> editing odt
16:00 < sunweaver> ah right...
16:00 < sunweaver> and "make the one I use available" means?
16:00 < sunweaver> Will you upload it to wheezy-bpo?
16:00 < taffit> the next dojo version that is currently WIP, not yet
uploaded to debian
16:01 < sunweaver> I just saw...
16:01 < taffit> (I use a more recent dojo version to build owncloud, so it
works with the dojo version currently in the archive)
16:01 < sunweaver> will that make sense for unstable?
16:02 < taffit> the headache is that the documents app doesn?t work with
the more recent dojo version?
16:02 < sunweaver> you are confusing me...
16:02 < sunweaver> I though it is needed for the docuemnt stuff...
16:02 < sunweaver> s/though/thought/
16:02 < taffit> It?s confusing indeed, let me retry to explain
16:05 < taffit> In order to make it work with the dojo version currently
in Debian, I *build* the documents app (thus owncloud) with a more recent
dojo version. This more recent dojo version is not yet fully functionnal,
and can?t be used to make the documents app work :/
16:06 < taffit> An alternative would be to use the minified JavaScript as
provided in the tarball, but that seems even uglier to me.
16:07 < sunweaver> taffit: man that's a hack!!!
16:08 < sunweaver> shouldn't we provide something more reproducible?
[?]
16:10 < taffit> sunweaver: Yay? I?ve been stuck a long time trying various
stuff before being able to make it work. Now that I found this piece of
black magic, I?m a bit relieve, but would highly prefer a proper system.
16:11 < taffit> Help would be highly welcome here, I?m not really a
JavaScript guy.
16:11 < taffit> s/not really/really not/ ;)
16:14 < sunweaver> taffit: me neither...
16:15 < sunweaver> have you pinged kapouer? Or this new talent on the
pkg-javascript list... What's his name...?
16:16 < sunweaver> l3on is his name...
16:18 < sunweaver> taffit: owncloud 6.0.3 has been upload to wheezy-bpo.
16:20  * taffit will get in touch with the pkg-javascript team as soon as
I manage to explain the problem ;)

Yes, I remember that discussion. I hoped that this has been solved meanwhile.

To be double-sure: were saying that the uploaded owncloud package has been built with a build-chain that contains software outside of Debian?

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby