Re: Handbrake in w-b uninstallable

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your comments. According to the documentation (https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Preferences#advanced), Handbrake actually uses libdvdnav by default instead of libdvdread:
There are two different open source libraries for reading data from a DVD. The older one, libdvdread, is what HandBrake traditionally used. It does not even attempt to "play" a DVD the way a DVD playing machine would. Libdvdnav does try to navigate disc structure like an actual player. This is more sophisticated, and often works better. As such, it is now HandBrake's default DVD reading engine. To disable it and return to the days of libdvdread, uncheck this box.
So, since libdvdread isn't even enabled by default, most users probably wouldn't even notice the change. I can't see how a version bump would break anything.

Best regards,
Mads