Re: adding oneself to uploaders (Re: Backport for icecast2)

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 3:24 AM, Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Vincent Cheng <vcheng@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Vincent,

>>> that's wrong, I do this all the time, so that these packages show up on
>>> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=holger@debian.org and noone has
>>> complained so far.
>>
>> Ah, I didn't think of DDPO as a possible use case for adding one's
>> name to Maintainers/Uploaders in a backported package. I'm not sure if
>> this is common practice, but I can't come up with anything to complain
>> about. :)
>>
>>> It's true that unnecessary changes are to avoided though :)
>>
>> Either way, if this was Robert's only change aside from bumping
>> d/changelog, I don't think I would've rejected the package...
>
> Without adding one to Uploaders, wouldn't they be shown under
> "Sponsored/other uploads" DDPO section? If so, unnecessary change.

None of the backports packages that I've _sponsored_ show up on my
DDPO page. The backports that I've prepared myself (i.e. with my name
in the latest d/changelog entry) do show up, however.

Having a separate "Stable backports" section on DDPO does look quite nifty...

Regards,
Vincent