Re: Backports, Stable releases, Testing, Oh my!

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:59 AM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

> However, with the new testing removals from the release team (which is
> totally great for creating an always releasable testing, many thanks for
> that), we can create a situation where stable-bpo has a newer version
> than testing when we release (lazy maintainer never fixed the rc bug).

Perhaps I'm missing something but if the RC bug never gets fixed the
package will never transition to testing again so this problem will
not occur? Then the stable release will not have the package and
stable-backports will move to oldstable-backports.

> What shall we do? Remove from stable-bpo? Hope an update comes around?
> Does it make sense to revisit the rules? Does a wait until testing still
> make sense (ok, waiting always makes sense, but beyond the 'let it
> settle' thing)

Autoremoval from backports possibly makes sense?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise