Re: Backport request for redmine

Hello Thomas

Thanks for your effort on this.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:42:27PM +0100, Thomas Pierson wrote:
> Hi Antonio, Ondřej and intrigeri
>
> On 12/02/2014 17:10, intrigeri wrote:
> > I, for one, would be delighted to see Redmine 2.x in wheezy-backports.
> > Thanks a lot for working on this backport!

I have already uploaded the first two dependencies, thanks Thomas for
the changes.

> I continued my experiments on this backport and I noticed that we need
> to backport the package `ruby-i18n` too.
>
> So I did some attempts to prepare a backport for this library too and I
> make a first backport of the redmine package.
>
> For ruby-i18n, I forked the package's repository and I put my works
> in a `wheezy-backports` branch:
>   - gitweb:
> http://gitweb.thomaspierson.fr/?p=pkg-ruby-i18n.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-wheezy-backports
>   - gitraw: git://thomaspierson.fr/pkg-ruby-i18n.git

can you ellaborate why this is needed?

> For redmine, I forked the package's repository and I update the existing
> branch `master-wheezy-backports` and `upstream-wheezy-backports`:
>   - gitweb:
> http://gitweb.thomaspierson.fr/?p=pkg-redmine.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-wheezy-backports
>   - gitraw: git://thomaspierson.fr/pkg-redmine.git

I am already doing the work on the official repository ...
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/redmine.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master-wheezy-backports

If you want to coordinate more closely, please ping me on IRC (e.g. on
#debian-ruby)

> I also attach the build result of this works.
>
> Like the last time I hope this could help.

Actually sending 10MB of attachments is not very useful. Please send
patches instead as I won't use your binaries blindly. ;-)

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>