Re: docker.io wheezy-backport

On 10/02/14 15:09, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I don't know what the kernel requirements are, but since
> wheezy-backports does get new kernel versions I don't think this
> would be a problem.

My expectation when using backports is usually that I can pick
individual backports to install, and I'll only have to upgrade related
packages to the backported version if it's the only way to satisfy
apt/dpkg-level dependencies. AIUI that's how backports are "normally"
meant to work.

If particular packages do need a newer kernel, breaking that
expectation, it seems as though it might be worth mentioning it in the
backport's Description or something?

> Maye this package should include a run-time check on the kernel
> version. That's just as true in sid as it is in wheezy-backports.

Yes, that makes sense: it could refuse to start containers by default
if they were going to be insecure?