RE:dbconfig-common upgrade strategy

Hello

> The fix should be to change the filenames in the original packaging, but
> be aware that if you change it for backporting, a switch to the upstream
> package will apply a schema update twice.

> Example:
> 1.7.0 < 1.7.0-1 < 1.7.1-1
> ^^^^     ^^^^
> same schema

Yes I tought about this problem. In my case this is not a problem.
snce the upgrade script can deal with this.

thanks a lot for your explaination.
I will switch to the upstream version number instread of the debian package version number.

I think that this kind of explaination should be part of the documentation.

Since you seems to know about  dbconfig-common.
Is there something to know or to add in the pre/post scripts to be sure that a mysql-server is running during the upgrade of the package ?
The purpose is to avoid a faillure when the database and the package are upgrade in same time.

Cheers

Frederic