Re: Upgrading Lenny to Squeeze

Jonathan Hutchins dijo [Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 02:10:18PM -0600]:
> I am attempting to upgrade a Lenny server with several backports installed
> to Squeeze, and am having trouble with lbc6, apache, and php not wanting
> to upgrade.  Are there any known issues with this?

Can you give more information on what "having trouble" means?

One of the basic principles of Backports is that, during a stable
release cycle X, only packages that have entered X+1 can be accepted
to backports. That is, if you are using Squeeze (Debian 6), only
versions which have been accepted into Wheezy (Debian 7) can be
accepted, and if you are running Wheezy, only versions which are past
of Jessie (Testing) can be accepted. Of course, Testing is much more a
moving target than Wheezy, but in short, upgradeability should always
be ensured.

Now, what catches my eye is that you are trying to upgrade from Lenny
(old-oldstable) to Squeeze (oldstable). I am not even sure the
relevant backports files are available!