Re: Plan to update linux kernel due to CVE-2013-2094?

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
> On Freitag, 17. Mai 2013, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It's worth noting that partial upgrades are something Debian officially
>> supports

> whats the usecase of this, besides finishing the upgrade?

That's the main use case.  It turns out to be not much additional work
over supporting the upgrade itself, and it allows for mixed systems and
allows for holding back some packages from the previous stable release
when required for various reasons.

> It never occurred to me that Debian supports this, btw.

We file quite a few bugs about it, but we don't seem to talk about it all
that much.