Re: Package emacs24

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:
> Guilherme Gondim <semente@taurinus.org> wrote:

>> Could you package emacs24 to Wheezy?

> Sorry, no. That discussion has already happened and the decision has
> been taken that emacs24 will not be in wheezy.

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/07/msg00738.html

> Currently, this list is concerned with backports to Squeeze (the
> current stable release), not Wheezy (the imminent release) for which
> there are no backports yet.

Er, I think Guilherme may just be asking for a backport, and
wheezy-backports *is* open for uploads for packages that will almost
certainly be in jessie.  At least at first glance, emacs24 would seem to
qualify, if someone felt like doing the work.

So I think this is a reasonable request, although I don't know if anyone
has the time to work on it right now.

Note, though, that emacs24 has all sorts of possible implications for
other elisp packages, so it may be a touch difficult to use a backport
effectively.