Re: libreoffice-l10n-de: localization package breaks libreoffice of other versions

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:32:03PM +0100, chrysn wrote:
> the libreoffice-l10n-de package from backports does not version-conflict
> against one of the core packages of libreoffice. as a result, a backported
> localization (eg 1:4.1.2-2~bpo70+1) can be installed together with
> libreoffice-core (eg 1:3.5.4+dfsg2-0+deb7u2). when calc is then opened,
> formulas are broken, and report errors (eg become "=SUMME;(B5:H5)" instead of
> "=SUMME(B5:H5)" (the localized version of SUM)).

Yeah, general problem. Also for non-bpo.

The other way round is taken care of by

Conflicts: broffice,
           libreoffice-filter-mobiledev,
           libreoffice-l10n-3.5,
           libreoffice-l10n-3.6

in libreoffice-common (though it maybe should be updated for more
versions, not sure).
And -l10n-* provide that libreoffice-l10n-x.y

> this happens for example when an upgrade to backports gets reverted.

Downgrades are not exactly supported, though :)

> as an alternative to a versioned conflicts or breaks (not sure which applies),
> the localization mechanism (at least in calc, where localization can interfere
> with functionality) should reject to use unfitting localizations.

I always disliked the localization of formulas...

> i've observed the behavior with the versions mentioned above in
> backports, but chances are that this also occurs with regular language
> updates.

Yes.

Regards,

Rene