Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org> writes:

> While you're at it, how do you make it easy? :)

> I always build a .dsc using "gitpkg", and then build that in a clean
> environment, usually with "pbuilder-dist", "pbuilder", or
> "sbuild". (Alternatively, test it automatically with autopkgtest,
> piuparts and lintian)

Have you considered using git-buildpackage?  It supports the -v flag
directly and passes it down appropriately, and should handle the glue that
you're manually doing with gitpkg and pbuilder/sbuild.

That's what I do, so it's a simple matter of remembering the -v flag.