advice on backporting libembperl-perl

Hi,

libembperl-perl was removed from wheezy in 2011 because it failed to
build with current versions of Perl and mod_perl for a long time. This
was eventually fixed upstream late last year, but of course couldn't be
included in the wheezy release any more. I promised to provide a
backport once wheezy is released.

However, before the first dinstall after the wheezy release, Arno
upgraded #666844 (sourceful transition towards Apache 2.4) to RC, and
thus libembperl-perl won't migrate to testing.

In order to provide users of libembperl-perl in squeeze with an upgrade
path to wheezy, and considering that neither the Apache 2.4 transition
nor the Perl 5.18 transition (#709668, important) are going to affect
wheezy (and indeed backporting the package later will mean undoing the
apache2.4 transition changes), I'd like to ask for an exception to the
rule that packages uploaded to wheezy-backports must have migrated to
testing, and permission to upload a backport of libembperl-perl
2.5.0~rc3-1.

Florian