Re: Backports integrated into the main archive

On 03/18/2013 09:15 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 01:59:02PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs a écrit :
>>
>>      Dear users and supporters of the backports service!
>>
>>  The Backports Team is pleased to announce the next important step
>> on getting backports more integrated.  People who are reading
>> debian-infrastructure-announce[1] will have seen that there was an
>> archive maintenance last weekend: starting with wheezy-backports the
>> packages will be accessible from the regular pool instead of a separate
>> one, and all backports uploads will be processed through the regular
>> upload queue (including those for squeeze-backports and
>> squeeze-backports-sloppy).
>
> Dear Gerfried, Backports team, and FTP team, this is awesome !
>
> Many thanks for making this happen.

Hi,

The integration of backports into the main archive is a really cool
thing. This is a fantastic news!

Thanks to all of those who worked on this.

On 03/18/2013 08:59 PM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Practically, while you could
> already upload to it, the set up of the buildd network is more painful
> than expected, so please allow the Buildd Team some days for setting
> them up.
>
>  The upload rules for wheezy-backports are the same: packages that are
> in the next suite are accepted.  Given that Jessie isn't created yet, we
> want you to think about whether the package you want to upload will go
> into Jessie final, and that you are taking a closer look once Jessie is
> created and the package entered there about the upgradeability.  For the
> time until the suite is available, you can see this as relaxed upload
> rule.

Does the above means that I can upload, right now, an arch: all package
which is currently in Experimental, without any RC bug for the last 10
days, and which I believe will migrate to Jessie? (I have prepared a few
already...)

If so, I salute this change of policy, as last release, it wasn't
possible to upload before Squeeze was out, which was quite frustrating,
and which is even more frustrating for this release (due to the extended
freeze time).

Cheers,

Thomas

P.S: Please confirm that I we are already allowed to upload arch: all
packages in there right now.