Re: please remove piuparts from squeeze-backports

   Hi again,

* Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> [2013-01-08 16:03:10 CET]:
> On Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  What's wrong with the version in wheezy?
>
> it's outdated.

 So wouldn't that mean that it should get pulled from wheezy too, if the
version there makes you feel so uneasy about it?

> >  Wouldn't update it to the version from there help?
>
> no, thats pointless. I rather have no piuparts in squeeze-backports
> than the wheezy version.

 The rules are no secret, and these sentiments are bound to happen
at/after every release.  I really would like to have package not
uploaded in the first place if there start to come in requests for
removal as soon as we are getting closer to the next release, or have at
least a reason to believe that this won't happen again when we enter the
next freeze for jessie.

> >  Is the package used for the piuparts.debian.org service?
>
> no, we run from git there.

 Alright, and as I've been noticed, lintian does too.

> so: either remove the version from squeeze-backports or let me upload
> the sid version - I dont care whether to squeeze-backports or to
> squeeze-sloppy- backports.

 Well, the version in squeeze-backports should get updated to the
version from wheezy if that makes sense, or stay at its version if
that's the better option.

 Unfortunately I can't offer you the sloppy suite no matter how much I'd
like to do that, and my efforts to help out to get it into shape went to
/dev/null (or received snide swear comments).

 Enjoy,
Rhonda