Re: youtube-dl needs updating to be useful

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:58:08 +0100
Nick <debian-backports@njw.me.uk> wrote:

> The version of youtube-dl in backports (2012.01.05) no longer works
> with the youtube site, hence it is not useful. Debian bug #688997
> updates the package for sid, hopefully it would be possible and easy
> to bring it into backports too.

I'm not willing to update this until it is fixed in testing.  It looks
like the newer version introduces an RC bug (#689493) which needs to be
taken care of before even considering letting the new upstream version
have a freeze exception.